HOW THIS WORKS:
Then decide on which book you would like to win.
Follow the RULES and WAYS TO ENTER below.
by Sandra Hill
Angel Sabato has been in love with best friend Grace O'Brien for 10 years--but he's only just realized it. Too bad she doesn't take him seriously when he tells her about his feelings. Reeling from the rejection, Angel hightails it out of town. Now Grace is left to wonder if her problems from the past are keeping her from opening herself to love. But she brushes these "useless" musings aside, concentrating instead on the work she's doing as an apprentice to folk healer Tante Lulu and keeping up with the old woman's good deeds. Such as starting a foundation to help families still homeless after Hurricane Katrina. One family consists of 5 children who lost their parents. The eldest, only seventeen, has been struggling to take care of her siblings and lying like heck to the state agencies in order to keep everyone together. Tante Lulu and Grace take the children under their wings and decide the foundation will build a house for them. Re-enter Angel, who helps with the construction. Unbeknownst to Grace, Tante Lulu has decided to try her hand at matchmaking again. And Tante Lulu has never failed before!
Sandra Hill lives in the middle of chaos, surrounded by a husband, four sons, a live-in girlfriend, two grandchildren, a male German Shepherd the size of a horse, and five cats. Each of them is more outrageous than the other. Sometimes three other dogs come to visit. No wonder she has developed a zany sense of humor. And the clutter is neverending: golf clubs, skis, wrestling gear, baseball bats and gloves, tennis rackets, mountain climbing ropes, fishing rods, bikes, exercise equipment. . . .
Sandra and her stockbroker husband, Robert, own two cottages on a world-renowned fishing stream (which are supposed to be refuges), two condos in Myrtle Beach (which are too far away to be used), and seven Dominoes Pizza stores (don't ask!). One son and his significant other had Sandra's first grandchild at home with an Amish midwife. Another son says he won't marry his longtime girlfriend unless they can have a Star Wars wedding. Another son at twenty-three fashions himself the Donald Trump of Central Pennsylvania. A fourth son . . . well, you get the picture.
Robert and Sandra love their sons dearly, but Robert says they are boomerangs: They keep coming back. Sandra says it must be a sign of what good parents they are, that the boys want to be with them.
No wonder Sandra likes to escape to the library in her home, which is luckily soundproof, where she can dwell in the more sane, laugh-out-loud world of her Cajuns. When asked by others where Sandra got her marvelous sense of humor, her husband and sons just gape. They don't think she's funny at all.
Sandra is a USA Today, New York Times extended and Waldenbooks bestselling author of fifteen novels and four novellas. All of her books are heavy on humor and sizzle.
Little do Sandra's husband and sons know what she's doing in that library. ::grin::
ABOUT...HOW TO TAME A MODERN ROGUE!
by Diana Holquist
Commitment-phobic Sam Carson has only dated model-gorgeous women. But one stolen kiss from a plain-Jane schoolteacher and he's hell-bent on stripping away her floral dresses and teaching her the art of being bad. If only her good-girl ways didn't make him want to be a better man... Ally Giordano is at the end of her rope. Her beloved grandmother actually believes that she's living in her favorite romance novel in Regency England and Ally doesn't have the heart to set her straight. But now Granny Donny's last wish is for a retreat to the country and Ally can't refuse her...until she demands that Sam accompany them. And though his smiles turn her knees into jelly, Ally knows better than to trust a playboy...and she definitely knows better than to try to change one. Or does she?
Here are some interesting biographical notes on Diana Holquist!
Top ten things not many people know about romance author Diana Holquist:
2. She loves to write. I mean, really write. As in, calligraphy. Copperplate, Italic, and Bookhand are her specialties. When the other kids were babysitting to make cash, she was addressing wedding invitations. Her most "famous" envelopes went to Martha Stewart and Rudolph Giuliani.
3. She hasn't had a T.V. since 1999.
4. She is so addicted to diet Coke, that she drinks it from coffee mugs to hide her excess from her children and husband.
5. She has a philosophy degree from Columbia University.
6. She got the call from her agent to say she sold "Make Me a Match" while she was at a PTA meeting. Because she couldn't work her cell phone, the PTA secretary had to stop the meeting, push the right buttons for her, and then hand over the phone. No one on the PTA found this even slightly amusing.
7. She owns two pairs of earrings. Whenever she loses one pair, she wears the other until she finds the first pair again. She owns two pairs of dress shoes: summer and winter. (Except that she somehow lost one of the summer shoes. She is fairly confident she can get through the summer without this situation mattering.) She has only one husband.
8. She is a cat person.
9. She has no cavities.
10. She can bake an angel food cake from scratch. Okay, that's a lie. She stinks at baking. Pathetic. Her 9-year-old daughter handles all the desserts for dinner parties. But one day, when her children are grown, she¹ll figure out those darn egg whites once and for all. (She is fairly certain she will never figure out her cell phone.)
Thanks to Anna and the Hachette Book Group,
I have 5 copies of each book to give away.
AND, YES! One lucky winner will be chosen
and get to win BOTH BOOKS!
GOOD LUCK to everyone!
U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
NO P. O. BOXES, PLEASE
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR ENTRY
THEY WILL JUST ALL COUNT AS ONE ENTRY
(THIS WAY THEY ARE ALL NUMBERED AND IT
IS EASIER TO FIND THE WINNER
...SO THANK YOU!)
+ 1 MORE ENTRY: BLOG OR TWEET ABOUT THIS GIVEAWAY AND LEAVE A LINK FOR ME TO FOLLOW
+ 1 MORE ENTRY: COMMENT AND TELL ME IF YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG AND HOW OR WHERE....IF NOT, YOU CAN SIGN UP ON GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT IN THE LEFT HAND COLUMN RIGHT NOW AND IT WILL COUNT
+ 1 MORE ENTRY: COMMENT ON ONE THING YOU FOUND INTERESTING ABOUT THE AUTHOR OF THE BOOK YOU ARE TRYING TO WIN!
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY
6 PM, EST, SEPTEMBER 8
GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
THANK YOU FOR ENTERING!