A QUICK & EASY GIVEAWAY!
SEPTIMUS HEAP, BOOK FIVE
WRITTEN BY ANGIE SAGE
ILLUSTRATED BY MARK ZUG
In this fifth book in the Magykal series, Septimus ends up on a captivatingly beautiful island, one of seven set in a sparkling sea. He's stranded there with his badly injured dragon, Spit Fyre, along with Jenna and Beetle. There are some strange things about the island, including a Magykal girl named Syrah, a cat-shaped lighthouse that has lost its Light, and an eerie presence that sings to Septimus—can he escape the persistent call?
Trouble is also brewing for Lucy and Wolf Boy, who have become entangled with some nefarious sailors at sea, and for Milo Banda, Jenna's father, who is harboring a mysterious treasure chest in his ship's hold.
Charismatic storyteller Angie Sage continues Septimus Heap's Magykal journey with more laugh-out-loud adventures, more enchanting charms and spells, and an ever-deepening understanding of the interior life of a young hero.
- According to Angie Sage, although she had been thinking about Septimus Heap for a while, it was only after she began to imagine bossy Marcia that the story started to take shape.
- Sage based her characters' travels through the marshes on a canoe trip she took along the smallest branches of a creek near her home.
- Family relationships are very important in the Septimus Heap trilogy.
- The word "septimus" means "seven" --- which is appropriate since Septimus Heap is the seventh son of the seventh son.
- There are 49 chapters in MAGYK and FLYTE (49 divided by 7=7).
- If you add the numbers in "Boy 412" (4+1+2), the sum is 7.
- When Sage has difficulty writing a scene, she sometimes writes up diagrams and lists, or eats chocolate, but she says leaving it alone for a while seems to work best.
- One of Sage's roommates from long ago may be the inspiration for Marcia Overstrand.
- Sage feels that her characters' names (and the color of their shoes!) are very important.
- One of Sage's favorite things about being an author is hearing from readers who have enjoyed her books.
Angie Sage was born in London and grew up in the Thames Valley, London, and Kent. She now lives in Somerset in a very old house that has a secret tunnel below it. The first four books in the Septimus Heap series are international bestsellers. She is also the author of the Araminta Spookie series.
I HAVE ONE NEW COPY OF
SYREN-SEPTIMUS HEAP 5
THAT I AM SURE SOMEONE WOULD
LOVE TO WIN FOR THEMSELF OR
FOR A SEPTIMUS FAN AS A GIFT!
--U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY
--NO P. O. BOXES, PLEASE
--YOU MUST PUT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
IN YOUR COMMENT OR IT WON'T COUNT
--ONLY ONE COMMENT PER PERSON
HOW TO ENTER:
GIVEAWAY ENDS AT
6PM, EST, DECEMBER 1