BY SUSAN KEARNEY
POWER IN THEIR PASSION
Marisa Rourke is a beautiful, fearless telepath who tames dragonshapers on Earth. Rion is a tall, dark, and sexy space explorer whose home planet is a galaxy away. The attraction between them is undeniable, but Rion is hiding a desperate secret that will change Marisa's life forever.
DANGER IN THEIR TOUCH
Marisa's gift is the only way Rion can communicate with his people, enslaved by a powerful enemy. He knows that kidnapping her is wrong, but saving his planet is worth sparking the fiery clairvoyant's fury. Yet hotter-and more explosive-is the psychic bond growing between Marisa and Rion. Could their passion be the key to freeing Rion's people? Only if he and Marisa can discover how to channel their desire . . . before a vicious enemy destroys them all.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
USA TODAY bestselling author Susan Kearney is a native of New Jersey and has a Business Degree from the University of Michigan. Her fifty plus books include contemporary, romantic suspense, historical, futuristic, science fiction and paranormal novels. She resides in a suburb of Tampa-with her husband, kids, Boston terriers and iguana. Currently she's plotting her way through her 52st work of fiction. You can reach her through her web site at www.susankearney.com.
Audio and Video
1. RION, the second book in the Pendragon Legacy Series, came to me while I was writing LUCAN. Rion just showed up in Lucan's book and his eyes might have been haunted by tragedy, he might have been dirty after a long trek through the mountains, but his ripped muscles and a five o'clock shadow made him sexy. And the regal gleam in his eyes automatically told me he was hero material. You know the kind of guy I mean, the kind that kidnaps a heroine and takes her across the galaxy on a save-the-world kind of mission!
2. Marisa is one of those heroines who appeals to me on a multitude of levels. She's smart, kind, vulnerable and thinks fast on her feet. She likes a man with a soft heart and a hard head. In addition, she's a woman with a special telepathic ability--not only can she use telepathy when she's in her dragon form, she's telepathic as a human. Her paranormal ability allows her to train dragons. And it makes her uniquely qualified to help Rion free his people from slavery.
3. Dragons, Dragon, Dragons. Yes, they are huge, powerful and sexy. But did you also know that to survive they need to supplement their diet with platinum? Or that they can mate while flying? And that their babies are really cute--especially when they try to ride dogs?
4. Susan Kearney's favorite color is purple. And that's the same color as RION's cover. In addition, Kearney's kitchen is a dark royal purple with white trim. And the crown molding of her living room ceiling is lavender. But purple is also the color of royalty and Rion... is the King of Chivalry.
5. Paranormal romance is Susan Kearney's favorite genre. And she likes futuristic romance best of all. What's even more fun is tying the future and other worlds to Earth's legends. And while King Arthur may be a legend, his story has inspired movies, television and books. Kearney's version might be a little out there... but the idea of knights, chivalry and honor surviving with humanity as mankind goes into space and explores other worlds has always fascinated Kearney, and she hopes readers will love to go along with her characters into hyperspace for the ride. Each book in the series can be read separately. Lucan, Rion, and Jordan are each a love story in their own right. But together... you can read a space saga. And if by chance you missed LUCAN, it's still in print. RION will be out in late November and watch for JORDAN in March 2010. Read the Pendragon Legacy series and romance around the galaxy will be part of your dreams, too.
Marisa is a dragonshaper and she can actually talk to dragons using her telepathic abilities. Rion needs Marisa to come to his planet to help save his people who have been made into slaves by Unari, the evil one. If Marisa can send the right message, Rion's people will be saved. Rion is afraid that she will not come willingly and so seduces her to get to a transporter where he can kidnap her to finally get back to save the people.
Marisa realizes she has been tricked and she is angry with Rion. However, she finally realizes what is happening to the people--children, women...all are being starved and will die if she doesn't help them shift back to humans. Although she promises to help the people, how will all this effect her relationship with Rion? Will she succeed and if she does, then what?
This is a story I would put into the paranormal/space story genre, and the second in a trilogy. I think reading and closely following the series from the first novel, LUCAN, would have helped me as the first few chapters had so much information I wasn't remembering and I had to go back and reread it to try and figure out what was going on. Once I did, I was able to follow the story but alas, although it held my attention and I could see if someone followed the series, they would be excited by this part of the entire story especially Marisa and Rion's relationship-for me, it just didn't click. I think because it is not the genre I normally read and so although I thought the characters were interesting and the story moved along nicely, it just didn't tempt me to read the rest of the trilogy. I will say that those who do follow, and favor this genre, will most probably be well pleased by the nicely written addition to Kearney's books.
THANKS TO ANNA AND THE
HACHETTE BOOK GROUP, I
HAVE FIVE COPIES OF THIS
BOOK TO GIVE AWAY!
--U.S. AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
--NO P. O. BOXES, PLEASE
--INCLUDE EMAIL ADDRESS IN COMMENT
--ALL ENTRIES/COMMENTS MUST BE
SEPARATE IN ORDER TO COUNT
AS MORE THAN ONE ENTRY
HOW TO ENTER:
GIVEAWAY ENDS AT
6 PM, EST, JANUARY 16