Thursday, June 24, 2010

THE KITE RUNNER and A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS CAMPAIGN

Vera over at LUXURY READING shared this worthwhile information with me and I wanted to pass it along to my readers. I know MANY of you, like myself, have read Khalid Hosseini's wonderful books, THE KITE RUNNER and A THOUSAND SPLENDID SUNS, and would easily be able to help with this campaign. Here are the details direct from LUXURY READING and Vera.


Penguin has launched the Picture a Book Changing Lives campaign to raise money for The Khaled Hosseini Foundation, a nonprofit organization started by the author of the internationally bestselling novels The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns to aid the people of Afghanistan.

The campaign invites readers to submit up to two still photos of themselves reading or holding a copy of either The Kite Runner or A Thousand Splendid Suns. For each eligible photo uploaded to the Hosseini group page of the Penguin Group website, the Riverhead imprint will donate $2.00 (up to a maximum $25,000 donation) to The Khaled Hosseini Foundation. Readers can visit www.penguin.com/community/hosseini, join the “Hosseini” group, and upload their pictures now through August 31st (11:59:59pm ET).

Don’t own a copy? Find one at a local bookstore or library!

Thank you, Vera, for letting me share this with my readers.

0 comments:

CLICK HERE TO
SEE MY POLICY