- May Day on May 1 is one of four cross-quarter days, midway between an equinox and a sosltice.
- It stems from the ancient festival of Beltane, which relates to the waxing power of the sun at this time of year.
- Its most recognized tradition is the Maypole dance, in which people wrap ribbons around a tall pole.
- May Day is said to have more holidays world-wide than any other holiday.
- Whether you celebrate May Day or not, may this be a delightful, peaceful spring day for you...one spent with a GOOD BOOK!
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Posted by Bingo at 12:00 AM