Sunday, May 25, 2014

 Memorial Day is a US federal holiday wherein the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces are remembered. 

The holiday, which is celebrated every year on the final Monday of May, was formerly known as Decoration Day and originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the Union and Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War. 

By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died while in the military service.

MAY YOUR MEMORIAL DAY BE ONE OF PEACE, SHARED WITH FAMILY, AND SPENT REMEMBERING THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIVES SO THAT WE COULD LIVE IN PEACE.

2 comments:

Steve Capell said...

May those that serve our GREAT Nation be honored today!

Carol N Wong said...

I always think of my father, his brothers, my mother's brothers and my great grandfather on Memorial Day and my aunt's husband who died at Normandy on D day.

CLICK HERE TO
SEE MY POLICY